Our team recently developed and delivered a new website for North Lindsey College, the leading provider of training and education for 14-19 year olds and adult learning across North Lincolnshire.
With so much information to display on the site one of the main objectives was to re work the navigation and structure all that information, so that the most important things were easy to find and it didn’t take too many clicks to get to any of the information held on the site.
We needed to ensure that the courses for all the different target markets were easy to find and were also easy to update for the admin team.
The college wanted a site that would appeal to all age groups and also promote the additional learning experiences they provide.
How we did it
We worked really hard to ensure the college got everything they needed from the site and where possible even more:
- User friendly, simple and flexible navigation
- Engaging design for young people
- News and Events modules
- Text only version of site for SEN learners
- Built on Umbraco ASP.NET Content Management System
- Responsive Framework for Mobile and Tablet Devices
- Course feed provided through advanced XCRI-CAP feed, which also populates area prospectuses
- Advanced SEO and analytics tools for driving users through site and tracking
- Social Media feeds – Facebook, Twitter, Google+
- Automatic processing of applications
The site we produced is vibrant and image led, which is great as it allows the college to use the fantastic imagery they have of students getting involved in activities around the college.
The college I.T. team can now update the site and their courses as often as they need, and as the CMS is so easy to use they have been able to spread the load of adding news articles etc to the site to other teams within the college.
First Education are very proud of the site and the clear business results it has delivered since launch, but don’t just take our word for it – why not take a look for yourself at http://www.northlindsey.ac.uk/