Franklin College are one of the leading sixth form colleges in the UK based in the north of England. Having worked together on successful education projects in the past, when the time came to develop their new website, they chose First Education.
The brief was tight, but with our own high standards and understanding of 11-19 education we had a clear direction for the website.
How we did it
Our Planning team started by addressing the site’s information architecture, spending time considering the user journeys and appropriate calls to action for each of the visitor types identified in the brief. With such a huge amount of courses it was essential to make the search functionality easy to use, while making the experience fun, engaging and interactive for the audience.
The key to a successful website has been:
- Easy to use Umbraco CMS for managing content
- Ability to embed video on the website to help with Video SEO
- Seamlessly linking with area eProspectus to display course listings
- Facebook and Twitter integrated with the website
- Timetables, links to Student Portal and additional student information
- Applications processed into Lincs2 area prospectuses for ‘single point management’ with functionality to automatically import into MIS
- Mobile Version of website
Now live for just over a year, the website has become the key communication channel with new and existing students and has helped to significantly increase the number of students. Take a look at the Franklin College website.